- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 TBSP fresh rosemary finely minced
- 1 TBSP Fresh Meyer lemon zest
- 1 cup butter very cold
- 4 eggs room temperature
- 1/3 cup Fresh Meyer lemon juice
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350º. Place flour, powdered sugar, salt, rosemary and zest in food processor. Pulse a few times to mix. Cut cold butter into ½ inch slices and add to food processor; pulse until butter is the size of small peas. Press this mixture evenly into a foil lined 9x13x1 inch baking pan. Bake 15 to 20 minutes; until crust is just starting to turn golden brown.
- While crust is baking: in the same food processor put eggs, lemon juice and sugar. Pulse just a few times to blend. Let sit until crust comes out of the oven.
- When crust is done: lower oven temperature to 325º, pulse egg mixture a few times to blend and then pour slowly on top of hot crust. Return to oven and bake just until set, about 20 minutes. It is done when the top no longer jiggles when you shake the pan.
- Let cool on the counter and then refrigerate overnight so that the flavors can mingle. Carefully remove foil from pan and cut into 2x2 inch bars. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve at room temperature.
Share this Recipe