I named this dish after Country Music Artist http://petestringfellow.com/…I had the honor of having Pete cook with me on my “Cooking With Laurie” TV show. We filmed at the ranch I grew up on in Novato, CA…the weather held out and did not start to rain until the minute we were done packing up…My middle name should be ‘LUCKY’!!!
- Make vinaigrette: Whisk together vinegar, lemon Juice, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in EVOO. Set aside.
- Heat outdoor grill to medium heat. Generously sprinkle each ear with smoked paprika; grill, turning occasionally until evenly browned. Remove and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- While the corn is cooling: cut the potatoes in half. Put into a large pot and cover with water. Cook until a fork pierces easily through the potato; about 15-20 min. Note: Watch closely, you don’t want to over cook them or they will be mush!! Put into a colander to drain and cool.
- Using a serrated knife and a deep bowl, cut the corn kernels into the bowl. Then add the cooled potatoes cut into ½ inch cubes. Add sliced olives, rinsed beans and sliced onions. Stir in dressing, stir until combined.
- This salad is great served at room temperature or you may cover and chill overnight, it’s GrEaT either way!!